Dialog box, passing parameter fails - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From intmail01@gmail.com
Subject Dialog box, passing parameter fails
Date
Re: Dialog box, passing parameter fails  (Steve Midgley <steve.midgley.mixrun@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-sql

Hi, I am using Postgresql 9.5 as server and Libreoffice BASE 5.2.4 to connect to the server.

The code SQL must be sent directly and not be interpreted by Libo Base because there are some complex syntax (functions, variables, ...).

Also, I need passing parameters to control some ranges. ex:  dates.

But, postgresql can not understand passing parameters with either ? or : syntax which open a dialog box.

eg: select * from agenda where date= ?

The execution of code ode fails in direct mode.

What are solutions ? cant postgresql bypass some parts of the code  where I put parameters request ?

Thank you