log rotation - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Guerin
Subject log rotation
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

   Can I get rid of the number extension at the end of my log file
name?  What I'd like to do is keep one log file that truncates after a
certain amount of time or size, however postgres keeps appending to the
name I choose?  It's easy to schedule a job to clean up the old files,
however I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything before I
schedule another job.

pg.log.1142691008
pg.log.1142691300
pg.log.1142692200

log_filename = 'pg.log' # Log file name pattern.
log_truncate_on_rotation = on
 # If on, any existing log file of the same name as the new log file
will be truncated rather than appended to......