Re: No vacuum for insert-only database? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig A. James
Subject Re: No vacuum for insert-only database?
Date
Re: No vacuum for insert-only database?  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
List pgsql-performance
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>If I only insert data into a table, never update or delete, then I should
>>never have to vacuum it.  Is that correct?
>
> You still need to vacuum eventually, to avoid transaction Id wraparound
> issues.  But not as often.

Thanks.  Any suggestions for what "not as often" means?  For example, if my database will never contain more than 10
millionrows, is that a problem?  100 million rows?  When does transaction ID wraparound become a problem?

Craig