Re: ipv4 data type does not allow to use % assubnet mask delimiter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: ipv4 data type does not allow to use % assubnet mask delimiter
Date
List pgsql-general
> Possibly someday the standard will actually standardize the things,
> and then maybe we can work with them usefully ...

From http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4007#section-11.2

implementation SHOULD
   support the following format:

            <address>%<zone_id>

   where

      <address> is a literal IPv6 address,

      <zone_id> is a string identifying the zone of the address, and

      `%' is a delimiter character to distinguish between <address> and
      <zone_id>.

so this is clearly standardized.
It should be mentioned in docs that PostgreSql does not support ipv6 and
attempt to use will cause crash.

Andrus.