Re: insensitive collations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: insensitive collations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
    Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > On a table with pre-existing contents, the creation of a unique index
> > does not seem to detect the duplicates that are equal per the
> > collation and different binary-wise.
>
> Fixed in the attached updated patch.

Check. I've found another issue with aggregates over distinct:
the deduplication seems to ignore the collation.

postgres=# select distinct x from test3ci;   -- OK
-----
 def
 abc
 ghi
(3 rows)

postgres=# select count(distinct x) from test3ci;  -- not OK
 count
-------
     4
(1 row)

postgres=# select array_agg(distinct x) from test3ci;  -- not OK
     array_agg
 {ABC,abc,def,ghi}
(1 row)

Best regards,