Re: Retrieve Query - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Markus Schaber
Subject Re: Retrieve Query
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi, Hugo,

Hugo Sacramento wrote:
> How do I to retrieve the string query prepared by a PreparedStatement??

> -------------
> PreparedStatement stmt = con.prepareStatement("select * from abc where
> x=?");
> stmt.setString(1, x);
> System.out.println("My Prepared Query:" + stmt.toString());
> ------------
>
> but it don't work.

There are at least two potential problems:

- The statement is prepared server-side, and the parameters are sent
separately (binding). Only the server has the "real" representation of
the complete statement. So the prepared statement can only give an
approximation, which is what pgjdbc does.

- Most connection pooling and datasource mechanisms (e. G. in jboss)
wrap your connection and all other classes (including the statement),
but don't delegate the toString() method, so you'll only get something
like "org.jboss.pool.wrappedStatement@4711".

HTH,
Markus