Re: Help with postgresql memory issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Help with postgresql memory issue
Date
Re: Help with postgresql memory issue
List pgsql-general
Brooks Lyrette <brooks.lyrette@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm new to postgres and it seems my server is unable to fork new
> connections.

> LOG:  could not fork new process for connection: Not enough space

For what I suppose is a lightly loaded machine, that is just plain
weird.  What's the platform exactly?  Is it possible that the postmaster
is being launched under very restrictive ulimit settings?

If it's a Unix-ish machine, it would be useful to look at "top" and
"vmstat" output to see if the machine is under severe memory
pressure for some reason.

            regards, tom lane