Re: Which indexes does a query use? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Which indexes does a query use?
Date
List pgsql-general
Russell Smith <mr-russ@pws.com.au> writes:
> Chris Velevitch wrote:
>> If I'm reading this right, it's telling me that is NOT using any indexes.
>> Clearly, this is wrong.

> Not necessarily.
> If you post "explain analyze" instead of "explain" and possibly the
> number row in that table, we might be able to help further, but that is
> my best guess from the information given.

Also, has the table been vacuumed/analyzed lately?  The planner clearly
thinks it is small, but that information could be out of date (and 7.x
releases aren't going to notice if the table has gotten bigger since
the last vacuum or analyze).

            regards, tom lane