Re: upgrade PostgreSQL 8.x on production FreeBSD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: upgrade PostgreSQL 8.x on production FreeBSD
Date
List pgsql-general
pobox@verysmall.org wrote:
> Could anybody point to an on-line resource about the steps involved with
> upgrading of PostgreSQL 8.x on a production FreeBSD 5.4 with minimum
> downtime (i.e. 1 - stop db so that no changes happen 2 - dump 3 -
> upgrade (ports) 4 - import 5- start db).

You want to make your dump with the pg_dump of the new version. I'm not
sure you can build the tools seperately (that'd be excellent, but my
FreeBSD boxes are at home)...

I think it should be:
1 - make postgresql,
2 - make install postgresql-tools