Re: PostgreSQL ad images - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: PostgreSQL ad images
Date
Re: PostgreSQL ad images
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> I believe there was some concern by some of the graphics donors about
>> re-using the graphics in commercial products.  I guess I would just
>> wonder if we should refuse graphics that are not BSD licensed?  If we
>> make clear as to which license applies to which graphics, I think we
>> should be open to accepting more than just BSD.
>>

> In the essence of keeping things simple. They should just be BSD licensed.
> We are not in the business of keeping track of IP rights.

In order to keept things simple, I agree to supply my source picture
under plain BSD, but frankly I would like it a little more restricted if
possible. I took the picture and reworked it specifically for PostgreSQL
and related use, any usage in pgsql banners etc is welcome without
further notice. If it was used exceeding pgsql, I'd like to be mentioned
as originator. I wonder if there's a template license for this
applicable for all graphics, I wouldn't be surprised if other pic
contributors felt the same as me.

Regards,
Andreas