Re: address matching and verification - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: address matching and verification
Date
List pgsql-general
Aaron Griffin wrote:
> I have two large databases of addresses (street name and number, postal
> code and municipality).  I need to match the addresses to varify that
> they actually do exist.

Are you comparing the two databases?
Are the formats the same?
What rules are you going to use to determine a match - an exact match,
or will you try to handle small spelling errors?
If there is a discrepancy is database A guaranteed to be right?
What about an address in B that isn't in A?

 > has anyone done this before with pgAdmin?

I'm not sure it's got anything to do with pgAdmin - that's just a
user-interface to the database.

I'd write a small Perl script, but you'll need to provide more
information if you'd like something more specific.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd