Re: Finding the pqlib version - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Christoph Zwerschke
Subject Re: Finding the pqlib version
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Peter Eisentraut wrote:> Christoph Zwerschke wrote:>> Which do you think would be the right package/feature category
for>>pg_config for Linux/Windows? devel and Development->Tools/utilities?>> I'm not sure what these categories are
supposedto mean but they don't> sound wrong.  To gauge the correct placement I would say that whenever> you install
libpq-fe.hyou should get pg_config in the same> package/module/installation.

The problem is that the Windows installer has the "Development" feature
subdivided into "Include files", "Library files", "PGXS files" and
"Tools and utilities". Installing pg_config along with the include files
would be confusing in this case.

By the way, putting the "Library files" under "Development" seems a bit
unlucky, too. It should be on the top level instead. Where should such a
suggestion be sent to? pgsql-patches?

-- Christoph