Re: Why does an ON SELECT rule have to be named "_RETURN"? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Why does an ON SELECT rule have to be named "_RETURN"?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ken Winter wrote:

>Stephan ~
>
>You're right: This thing I call a "view-table" would behave *exactly* like a
>view that has insert, update, and delete rules.
>
>The *only* difference I'm trying to achieve is to get it stored in
>pg_catalog.pg_class with relkind = 'r' ("ordinary table") rather than 'v'
>("view").

Ken,
In PGLA you can use the quick view data option on a view, and if the
view is updatable the grid should work as well as the form view.
The Quick View Data option does not really know if it is a table or a
view.

I just tried it and without the insert,update and delete rules it raises
a error with a hint that you should add the rules.

Why don't you try that?   I can add a data tab to the view editor if
that works for you.

Thanks,

Tony