Re: Create a new database from JDBC? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Armbrust
Subject Re: Create a new database from JDBC?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:

> On 8/2/06 17:26, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>>> Certainly not what I want, since that database doesn't exist.  Is
>>> there a system database I could always count on being available that I
>>> could connect to?
>> template1 but only if you allow it from pg_hba.conf.
>
> The postgres database would be more appropriate on 8.1+ (it is specifically
> inteded for that kind of thing), however like template1, it can be dropped,
> though that isn't advisable without good reason.
>
> Regards, Dave.

So there is no guaranteed way to do this, unless there is a known,
existing database?  Seems like a shortcoming, to me.  Would this be
considered as a feature request, or does the current design make it to
difficult to implement?

Dan

--
Daniel Armbrust