Re: drop if exists remainder - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: drop if exists remainder
Date
List pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>However, I see CREATE ROLE doesn't have REPLACE functionality, so what
>is the logic of when we need IF EXISTS and when we don't?  Perhaps they
>all should have it, and the REPLACE is just for objects you want to
>replace but keep existing linkage in place.

That was my understanding. I think these are orthogonal issues.

Another issue was MySQL compatibility. AFAIK we achieved that when we
did database, following
{ table view index sequence schema type domain conversion}, which pretty
much all had to be done together, as they share the same statement node
type.

cheers

andrew