Re: question about MAKE_EXPIRED_TUPLES_VISIBLE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: question about MAKE_EXPIRED_TUPLES_VISIBLE
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> writes:
>

>>I saw some where that if I recompiled my server with
>>MAKE_EXPIRED_TUPLES_VISIBLE I would be able to see deleted rows?
>>

>If you aren't a certified wizard you do NOT want to turn that on,
>because it will very probably help you make things worse.  My opinion
>on it is on record:
>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-02/msg00126.php
>
>            regards, tom lane

>TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Well, it does not seem to do anything, I enabled it with ./configure
--enable-MAKE_EXPIRED_TUPLES_VISIBLE
I then thought well maybe I need to do dump of the table and the deleted
tuples would be in there, but no.

./configure --enable-MAKE_EXPIRED_TUPLES_VISIBLE is the correct way to
enable it right?

I accidentliy deleted 2600 rows that I would like to get back, so I gave
MAKE_EXPIRED_TUPLES_VISIBLE a try.

Thanks,

Tony