Re: verifying database integrity - fsck for pg? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Doughty
Subject Re: verifying database integrity - fsck for pg?
Date
List pgsql-general
Guido Neitzer wrote:
> Perhaps you have to do some tricks to tell the script which tables or
> columns should be equal and which are allowed to differ, but as far  as
> I can see, it shouldn't be that hard. At all, it took me about a  day to
> verify the db contents.

I'm not too fussed about a row-by-row comparison between the source and the
copy. It's rather a case of a tool to check the datafiles' integrity (such
as fsck, myisamchk, svnadmin verify etc).

If the fact that pg_dumpall returned successfully, then i would hope that
all the data is present and correct.

   - Rich Doughty