Re: CREATE VIEW form stored in database? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: CREATE VIEW form stored in database?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Mario Splivalo wrote:
> When I create a view, I like to define it like this (just representing
> the form here):
[snip]
> But, when I extracit it from postgres, it's somehow stored like this:
[snip]
> The later is much more hard to read, and when I need to change the view,
> i get rash and stuff :)
>
> Is there a way to tell postgres NOT to format the 'source code' of my
> views?

I don't think it stores the "source code", but rather the structure of
the underlying query. So I'm afraid you lose the spacing.

I keep all my definitions in a set of files and read in updates with \i
my_filename.sql from psql. That lets me keep all my spaces and comments.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd