wrong objects order using pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oleg
Subject wrong objects order using pg_dump
Date
Re: wrong objects order using pg_dump  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-novice
Dear All,
I am trying to copy the PostGIS Database from Linux computer to Windows.
Under Linux Debian we have PostgreSQL 7.4.6, under Windows XP we have
PostgreSQL 8.1.0-2 .
I am creating dump under Linux with pg_dump myDB > myDBdump.sql
Under windows I am creating new DB (it is automatically PostGIS db) and
then using
psql -f myDBdump.sql -d myWinDB -U postgres
After accomplishing this request WinDB missing some Views. The problem
is that myDBdump.sql has in some places wrong order of CREATE VIEW and
CREATE TABLE statements.
For example:
CREATE VIEW myView AS SELECT .... myTable...;
is located before the:
CREATE TABLE myTable ....

while trying to create view the "relation "myTable" does not exist"
ERROR arised.

What is the right way to copy Database from one computer to another?
Thanks a lot in advance
Oleg