Re: Query tool: Autocompletion - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Query tool: Autocompletion
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
I've spent several hours now to get the beast compiled, still no go.
It's a nightmare I don't like to spend more time on.

Dave, if you succeed hacking something workable that doesn't try to call
more core pgsql includes from somewhere (!), commit it. Note: pgsql
copied stuff should go to src/db, not utils.
Actually, I doubt that the psql way is desirable at all. Instead of
constantly accessing the db for completion candidates, using pgAdmin's
object tree as cache should be the way to go.

Regards,
Andreas