Re: SELECT is immediate but the UPDATE takes forever - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raimon Fernandez
Subject Re: SELECT is immediate but the UPDATE takes forever
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8dic, 2010, at 18:18 , Vick Khera wrote:

> 2010/12/7 Raimon Fernandez <coder@montx.com>:
>> I'm using now another database with same structure and data and the delay doesn't exist there, there must be
somethingwrong in my current development database.

> does autovacuum run on it?

no

> is the table massively bloated?

no

> is your disk system really, really slow to allocate new space?

no

now:

well, after a VACUUM things are going faster ... I'm still trying to analyze the function as it seems there are other
bottlechecnk,but at least the first update now is faster as before ...

thanks,

r.