Re: Lost instrumentation functions - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Lost instrumentation functions
Date
List pgadmin-support
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> If I run this query
>
> select * from pg_logdir_ls() as (filetime timestamp, filename text)
>
> I get the following response:
>
> ERROR:  /var/lib/postgresql/8.1/main/pg_log is not browsable: Not a
> directory
>
> This suggest that the function is available (but not working ;-))

I bet /var/lib/postgresql/8.1/main/pg_log is not a directory... Did you
enable redirect_stderr? The function is working as expected in this
situation.

Please note that pgadmin expects its functions to be existent in the
_maintenance_ DB, for 8.1 usually postgres.

Regards,
Andreas