Re: reading an oidvector field error - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: reading an oidvector field error
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Takeichi Kanzaki Cabrera wrote:
> Here is the exception and the stack trace that I get:
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Method
> org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Array.getArrayImpl(long,int,Map) is not yet
> implemented.
>         at org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(Driver.java:580)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Array.getArrayImpl(AbstractJdbc2Array.java:232)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Array.getResultSetImpl(AbstractJdbc2Array.java:291)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Array.getResultSet(AbstractJdbc2Array.java:252)
>         at pgObjects.PgDatabase.loadFunctionsFromDatabase(PgDatabase.java:893)

This stacktrace doesn't match the line in your code you claim throws an
exception. You originally said:

>             Array argsList = rsFunc.getArray("field");
>             ResultSet rsArgs = argsList.getResultSet();
>             while (rsArgs.next()) {
>                 String s = rsArgs.getInt(2);    //get an error here.
>                 PgDataType type = this.getDataType(s);
>                 args.add(type);
>             }

but the code path your stacktrace shows is throwing an exception on
getResultSet().

Can you clarify what the code that actually causes the error is?

However the most likely cause is that the array code just does not
understand the OID type -- there is this code in getArrayImpl when an
unsupported array element type is encountered:

>>         default:
>>             if (conn.getLogger().logDebug())
>>                 conn.getLogger().debug("getArrayImpl(long,int,Map) with "+getBaseTypeName());
>>             throw org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(this.getClass(), "getArrayImpl(long,int,Map)");

(this should really throw a more informative exception..)

You could use getString() and parse the array representation yourself as
a workaround, or teach the driver's array code about oids.

-O