Re: Getting data where select has a limit criteria - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Kashyap Jani
Subject Re: Getting data where select has a limit criteria
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Michael Fuhr wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:48:08AM -0500, Kashyap Jani wrote:
>

>>   I am trying to issue a query like "SELECT * from <some table> limit
>>30". In psql command line interface it displays only 30 rows at a time.
>>

>With LIMIT 30 psql should display only 30 rows altogether ("30 rows
>at a time" suggests that you're getting more than 30 rows -- are
>you?).
>

>>How will it behave if I use libpq. Is it going to return me only 30 rows ?
>>

>If you put LIMIT 30 in the query then you should get at most 30
>rows.  What happened when you tried it?

Thanks Michael,   I returned 30 records back. I wasn't sure how it will work and
thought I could just ask instead of actually writing a sample test
program... But I ended up witting a sample program anyway..

Regards,
Kashyap