Re: Throwing unnecessary joins away - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Szűcs Gábor
Subject Re: Throwing unnecessary joins away
Date
List pgsql-performance
Dear Tom,

Not sure about Otto's exact problem, but he did mention views, and I'd feel
more comfortable if you told me that view-based queries are re-planned based
on actual conditions etc. Are they?

Also, if you find it unlikely (or very rare) then it might be a configurable
parameter. If someone finds it drastically improving (some of) their
queries, it'd be possible to enable this feature in expense of extra planner
cycles (on all queries).

What I'd be concerned about, is whether the developers' time spent on this
feature would worth it. :)

--
G.