Re: Change in policy on News? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Change in policy on News?
Date
List pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> When we last discussed "policy" for front-page news items,
>> this was the general terms:
>>
>> 1) Commercial Software gets 1 news item, ever, preferably
>> when they introduce PostgreSQL support.
>
> I wasn't aware of that one. Last I heard, we were talking one per month,
> top. Or possibly one per 2 months (nobody seem to remember which..)

Not to mention that it is fairly nazi. We should be supporting all
commercial vendors with products that support PostgreSQL.

Using this methodology the community may never speak on the website
again of:

Pervasive Postgres
EnterpriseDB
Mammoth Replicator

Cause they already have had their brief moment in the sun.

Or am I missing something?

Joshua D. Drake