Re: Change in policy on News? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Change in policy on News?
Date
List pgsql-www
Magnus,

> > 1) Commercial Software gets 1 news item, ever, preferably
> > when they introduce PostgreSQL support.
>
> I wasn't aware of that one. Last I heard, we were talking one per month,
> top. Or possibly one per 2 months (nobody seem to remember which..)

Actually, I think you're right, only it was more like once per 6 months per
product.

> > 2) OSS Projects supporting PG get an announcement every major
> > version, but NOT for minor releases.
>
> Wasn't aware of that one either :-) I wonder if this whole policy
> discussion was from before I started doing the -slaves stuff. Either
> that or I have a bad memory.

It was on this list.   Will have to search the archives.

> See pt 1 above. Also, remember that there are different ppl approving
> different items. (I'm sure I have probably approved at least one of
> those, but I also know I've thrown away at least one, so it's not like
> *every* one gets approved)

Well, even if AMsoftware wasn't getting 1 item every 3 weeks, 2 of those
should have been turned down on "lack of content" grounds alone.  With
room for only 3 news items on the home page, I think we need to be really
restrictive about what gets on.   If people want to announce things more
frequently, there's the mailing list.  And we we need to be consistent, or
we're going to make enemies.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus