Re: Change in policy on News? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Change in policy on News?
Date
Re: Change in policy on News?  (Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>)
List pgsql-www
On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Magnus,
>
>>> 1) Commercial Software gets 1 news item, ever, preferably
>>> when they introduce PostgreSQL support.
>>
>> I wasn't aware of that one. Last I heard, we were talking one per month,
>> top. Or possibly one per 2 months (nobody seem to remember which..)
>
> Actually, I think you're right, only it was more like once per 6 months per
> product.

Actually, I don't think that that is very fair ... its too broadstroke ...
almost think we should add a 'Software Releases' section seperate from the
News Items ... keep News Items for stuff like 'article announcements' or
new service announcements, or such ... still need to have a policy on
software announces (ie. only major.minor, but no
major.minor.insignificant) ...

----