Re: VBA 6 crashes with WIN2K, Postgres 8.1, why ? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Campbell, Greg
Subject Re: VBA 6 crashes with WIN2K, Postgres 8.1, why ?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Thanks Dave. That completely agrees with my experience. In effect adOpenDynamic currently acts the same as
adOpenStatic. My anal retentitive side much prefers seeing adOpenStatic, because the results agree with my
expectations when I see that.

And on the post midnight thing, I lost track of the time difference and at the time remember thinking,
"Why is this guy doing postgres odbc postings in the middle of the season premier of Galactica?".

Dave Page wrote:

> On 7/1/06 01:25, "Campbell, Greg" <greg.campbell@us.michelin.com> wrote:
>

>>You can help me understand the utility of the adOpenDynamic.  Both
>>adOpenStatic, and adOpenDynamic allow
>>moving through the recordset in multiple directions. With adOpenDynamic, other
>>users changes are visible
>>in your recordset, as opposed to the static which is more of a snapshot.
>>
>>Then there is the CursorLocation parameter (client-side or server-side).
>>
>>How does it work to use adOpenDynamic (for viability of updates from others),
>>if the cursor is not
>>server-side? If server-side cursor is the only way of getting the added value
>>of adOpenDynamic, doesn't
>>that mean an updateable cursor?
>>

> Bad post-midnight phrasing on my part I'm afraid :-(. AdOpenDynamic works in
> the sense that it will not crash. It will be essentially the same as
> adOpenStatic though as it won't see other user's changes.  AdOpenDynamic
> might be made to do so with real updateable server side cursors created WITH
> HOLD I guess.
>
> Regards, Dave

Attachment