Re: PGError: server closed the connection unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Steinberg
Subject Re: PGError: server closed the connection unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-general
> You're not using the same PG connection from two different threads, or
> fork()ing and trying to use the same connection in the parent and the
> child, or anything like that?

Aha!  In the ruby code, I am forking!  I'll make the child reconnect and
see if that helps (I am almost sure this will fix it).  This one I
should have guessed - I dealt with similar stuff in perl somewhat recently.

The pg_dumpall problem...  I'll crank the debug level and see if there's
anything interesting there, and if so I'll post about it again.

Thanks Doug!
--
Dave Steinberg
http://www.geekisp.com/