Parameters.Refresh error. - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adam Biser
Subject Parameters.Refresh error.
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I am trying to get a VB6 program to work on a PostgreSQL ANSI DSN.  This
program runs fine using an AS/400 DSN and uses prepared, parameterized
SQL statements via an ADODB.Command object for Inserts and Updates.  An
example statement is "Insert into CHAPTER (CHAPTERID, CHAPTERDESC)
values (?,?)".

My ConnectionString for my PostgreSQL DSN is simply "DSN=DSN Name" and I
connect successfuly.  However, when I use .Parameters.Refresh I get the
following error:

  "Provider cannot derive parameter information and SetParameterInfo has
not been called."

When I try "Provider=PostgreSQL.1;Data Source=localhost;Location=DB
Name;", I can also connect, but .Parameters.Count simply returns 0
instead of the appropriate amount.

If I use a non-parameterized SQL statement, everything works great, but
this is not the desired approach.

Has anyone experienced something like this?  Am I posting in the right
place?

I'm running PostgreSQL 8.1.1 as a service on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Thanks,
Adam