Replacing Tables - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Greg Lindstrom
Subject Replacing Tables
Date
List pgsql-novice
Greetings-
Is there a postgres equivalent to the  CREATE OR REPLACE TABLE ....
command in MySQL?  I've looked trough the docs and can't find it.

Also, I have been using plpgsql to generate stored procedures; are there
tutorials or manuals available?  Again, I've been looking for books on
Amazon, O'Reilly, and Sams but can't find much on plpgsql.  I have a
library of about 40 routines which generate XML from my database  and
would like to know more about the language.

Thanks for your help,
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859 (office)
Programmer                   501 219-4455 (fax)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.

Confidentiality Notice
This email and any attachments to it are privileged and confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual
orentity to which they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any use,
distribution,or copying of this communication, or disclosure of all or any part of its content to any other person, is
strictlyprohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by replying to this
messageand destroy this message and delete any copies held in your electronic files. Thank you.