Re: Bug: Driver(8.2dev-500.jdbc3) does not handle boolean->BIT - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Bug: Driver(8.2dev-500.jdbc3) does not handle boolean->BIT
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett wrote:
> Oliver Jowett wrote:
>
>> or (nonstandard):
>>
>>   INSERT INTO foo(bit_val) VALUES (?::bit(5))
>

> Actually, this doesn't appear to work. The CAST variant works fine, use
> that instead.

Bah, I'm really not having much luck with sending email before I've
completely checked things today, sorry about all the individual
corrections :/

CAST doesn't work either -- it seems there is no explicit cast from
varchar to bit(n) at all.

So you can either mess with input functions directly, or write a custom
PGobject type, or turn on string autocasting.

-O