Re: out of memory during query execution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From DANTE ALEXANDRA
Subject Re: out of memory during query execution
Date
Re: out of memory during query execution
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
The person is charge of building PostGreSQL 8.1.0 has done a 32 bit
build and has used the "cc_r" compiler.
This person does not succeed to build PostGreSQL 8.1.0 with "gcc" and 64
bits. Unfortunatly, I don't have the errors or the logs of the 64 bits
build and I can't tell you what error occurs.

The build done was realized in 32 bits, with the cc_r compiler.
To build POstGreSQL, a rpm was done and the ".spec" file contained the
following instructions :
export OBJECT_MODE=32
./configure CC=/usr/vac/bin/cc_r CFLAGS="-O2 -qmaxmem=-1 -qsrcmsg
-qlargepage" --enable-thread-safety
--without-readline --prefix=%{buildroot}%{prefix}
gmake -j 4
unset OBJECT_MODE

Do you think that my problems of "out of memory" are due to the 32 bits
build ?
Do you think that I must build PostGreSQL wih 64 bits to solve this error ?

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Alexandra DANTE