Re: 8.2dev-500.jdbc3 driver: PreparedStatement.toString() - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: 8.2dev-500.jdbc3 driver: PreparedStatement.toString()
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
j.random.programmer wrote:
> Oliver:
>

>>I don't think the driver or the spec has ever
>>claimed that toString()
>>gives you a valid SQL statement.
>

> True :-)
>
> However, note that it *used* to do so. This is a
> regression from the past driver. And it would
> be nice to have anyway, won't it ?

Perhaps, but there are some implementation hurdles that mean it's not
really worth it (for example: what if a parameter is actually a binary
stream, and we're not reading it ahead of time?)

If you have a patch to do this, though, we can certainly look at
applying it.

-O