Re: RETURN SET OF DATA WITH CURSOR - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: RETURN SET OF DATA WITH CURSOR
Date
List pgsql-sql
grupos wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I am making one plpgsql function and I need to return of setof data
> using a cursor.
>
> The problem is that my function is returning only the first row and
> column of the query. This query have more than 80 columns and 1.000
> rows. Enyone have any tip to give me?

Yes - decide whether you are returning a set of rows or a refcursor.

Check the plpgsql docs again for how to return SETOF <rowtype> using the
RETURN NEXT statement. Then you call your function like: SELECT * FROM
my_func();

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd