Re: enable SSL on server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: enable SSL on server
Date
List pgsql-general
Андрей wrote:
> Richard Huxton wrote:
>
>> Andrei wrote:
>>
>>>    Hello!
>>>
>>>    Please tell - how to enable SSL on PostgreSQL 8.1 server. When
>>> setting option "ssl = on" in postgresql.conf - server even doesn't
>>> want to startup. I'm using PostgreSQL 8.1 on Windows 2000, installed
>>> from .msi, downloaded from www.posgtresql.org.
>>

>> If the server isn't starting up, it will say why in the logs.
>>
>> What does it say in the logs?
>
> No logs appear, just got MessageBox with 'PostgreSQL Tray' - 'Service
> command failed'. :(

It seems unlikely that *nothing* is being logged - PG is usually good at
that. Check your logging configuration settings, and see what you get
with ssl = false, then try again with ssl = true.

If you genuinely have nothing being logged, the failure must be very
early in the startup sequence. Try starting it from a command-prompt -
you should see an error message then.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd