Finding out to which table a specific row belongs - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jost Degenhardt
Subject Finding out to which table a specific row belongs
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi there,
I have the following problem: My database consists of several tables
that are inherited from each other with one single supertable on top of
that hierarchy. Now I would like to select a single row in that
supertable and want to find out to which of the tables in the hierarchy
it belongs. As far as I understand the pg_depend table only shows the
hierarchy of the tables but does not contain the oids of the actual
rows. Is there any possibility to solve this problem by using the pg_*
tables?
I would very much appreciate any help!
Thank you in advance, Jost