Re: farsi translation of postgresql FAQ updated - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: farsi translation of postgresql FAQ updated
Date
List pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Mahmoud Taghizadeh wrote:
>

>>I have updated the FAQ. both text version and html version are attached
>>to this mail. please update the CVS
>>

>Uh, the master for Farsi is in HTML, not in text format, which is what
>you supplied.  See doc/src/FAQ/FAQ_farsi.html.
>
>The reason it was removed from the web site is that it isn't
>HTML-compliant enough for our web site.  Things like:

Why are we still keeping doc source in HTML at all? IMNSHO we should be
using a single source markup language for all our docs, including the
FAQs, TODO list etc. and producing output in whatever format is desired
using stylesheets. (My choice would be Dcobook XML ;-) ) That would
obviate any issues of non-standard markup such as <font> tags.

cheers

andrew