Re: Issue With PQftable() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Issue With PQftable()
Date
List pgsql-general
Terry Lee Tucker wrote:

> There are several tables involved in the query. Note that "my_func(column_3)"
> from above does some formatting of the data. I issue the command with
> PQsendQuery(). When loading a widget with data, I have a need of knowing the
> table oid from which the data came. I have been using PQftable() to get that
> information, but when I added the "my_func(column_3)" to the query, the value
> of PQftable() for each of the columns referenced by calls to my_func() comes
> back as zero.

But my_func(column) can do anything with your data. What if I write:

CREATE FUNCTION my_func(int4) RETURNS int4 AS 'SELECT 2' LANGUAGE SQL;

Here it doesn't matter what data I pass into the function I always get
"2" back, so how can you say the data comes from a table?

Now, since there clearly isn't a way to answer your original question,
maybe you need a different question. What do you use the table oid for?
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd