Re: ODBC connection problems! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: ODBC connection problems!
Date
List pgsql-general
Francesco Lilley wrote:
> Hello, i've just dowloaded and installed Postgres 8.1 and i've
> installed the latest version of Odbc Drivers 8.01.0103 and created
> the Odbc on Windows. But i have some connections problems...the first
> time i wrote a C-like program in order to make some concurrent
> simultaneus connections and the connection was ok.

OK.

 > After the first
> time..nothing...i've re-installed the odbc and re-created the odbc,
> but nothing...i'm not able to connect through odbc to the postgres
> server! Very Strange!!

Does sound strange. Something must have changed.

 > Anyone knows why?

What error message do you get?
If you turn on connection logging on the server, what does it show?
Does a single connection work?

 > I'm trying to make theese
> tests because i want to know if Postgres could manage simultaneus
> concurrent connections and how to do this...if anyone know something
> about this, please help me! Thank you very much in advance! BSLillo

Of course PG handles simultaneous connections. It wouldn't be much of a
DBMS if it didn't. Could this be a threading issue?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd