Re: IE fixes CSS broken on website? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Emily Boyd
Subject Re: IE fixes CSS broken on website?
Date
List pgsql-www
Magnus,

> I've noticed second-level menus in the left pane are completely
> broken in IE (at least in IE6) if their name is long - the second
> line gets written on top of the first one, making it completely
> unreadable.

Do you have a screenshot/example of where this is happening? I can't
find where this occurs (using IE6 on Win XP).

> Ive noticed two rows in iefixes.css that are related to this, because
>  if I take them out completely, it looks fine again in IE6. However,
>  I'm a bit relucant to do this without actually understanding it.
> What are these lines supposed to fix in the first place? Is ripping
> them out the righ tthing to do, or will that break other things?

I don't remember why those lines are there, but I'm sure there's a good
reason :)

I'll see if I can figure out what they're doing and if they're safe to
change/remove to fix the overlapping text issue you've described.

Emily