Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From C. Filipe Medeiros
Subject Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
 >> E.g; if you are using full text with MySQL, you are using a bum
backend destined to loose data.

 >> Although I agree with your arguments for integration, I should point
out that MySQL's full text indexing and it's transactions are mutually
exclusive.  You can't have both.

All the more reason to trump it, no? I am curious though. Let's say that
eventually we come to a conclusion regarding Postgres, what steps does
one take to get something like this implemented?

    - Filipe

P.S., if this were implemented, I would be behind an organized
Postgresql adoption campaign. Once it has this, in my book, it has most
of what it needs for most license-distributed web apps.