Re: Lifecycle of PostgreSQL releases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: Lifecycle of PostgreSQL releases
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 15, 2007, at 10:22 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> He could wait for 8.4 as well, as it will be probably faster and have
> more features than 8.3.  Following your reasoning, one could wait
> essentially forever.

Hmmmm... precisely the reason my cell phone hasn't been replaced in a
looooong time :-)

I'm evaluating whether to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2 still... but the
jump from a 7.4 to 8.2 is to me a no-brainer once you've ironed out
the minor issues with syntax pickyness that 8.x imposes on some
sloppy queries that worked with 7.4

Attachment