Re: Errors with temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jens Wendelmuth
Subject Re: Errors with temporary tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:

>The first of these looks like the same problem we've seen reported
>before of a table's rowtype not getting dropped when the table is
>dropped.

I'm a newbie with PG and i do not understand the meaning of "a table's rowtype not getting dropped when the table is
dropped."

Is this a failure of us or PG(8.1.0)?
Is there a way to solve/workaround this error?

If this error occurs, what happens to the SQL query? Is it completely processed or aborted?

>The second one is new though.  Can you reproduce it?
>If so, a debugger backtrace from the errfinish() call would be very
>helpful.

Currently we're not able to directly reproduce this strange error. If so it will be posted.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Jens