Re: Need more info on PL/pgSQL compile listing - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Need more info on PL/pgSQL compile listing
Date
List pgsql-sql
Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@gmail.com> writes:
> I am doing like:
> *mydb-# \i pxportal2_mod.sql*

> which gives an error like:

> *CREATE FUNCTION*
> *psql:pxportal2_mod.sql:309: NOTICE:  type reference
> tx_portal.portal_name%TYPE converted to character varying*
> *psql:pxportal2_mod.sql:309: NOTICE:  type reference
> tx_service_catalog.service_code%TYPE converted to character varying*
> *psql:pxportal2_mod.sql:309: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pxportal2"*
> *LINE 61:          pxportal2.dlogerror (v_program_name, v_program_loca...*

> The problem is that there are lots of directives and comments in my input
> file so that neither line 309 (above) or 61 is actually meaningful.

I think 309 will be the file line number of the start of the CREATE
FUNCTION command, while 61 will be the line number within the function
body.

If you have /* ... */ style comments in your file, I think psql might end
up considering the start of the comment before the CREATE FUNCTION command
as being the start point of that command for this purpose.
        regards, tom lane