Re: Use of 8192 as BLCKSZ in xlog.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Use of 8192 as BLCKSZ in xlog.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> "Mark Kirkwood" <markir@paradise.net.nz> wrote
>
>>In two of the sections covered by #ifdef WAL_DEBUG there are declarations
>>like:
>>
>>char        buf[8192];
>

> Those two 8192 have nothing to do with BLCKSZ, it is just an arbitrary
> buffer size as long as it is big enough to hold debug information.

Thanks - of course, different sort of buffer!

It is a bit more obvious now that I'm running with WAL_DEBUG enabled,
and can see that nature of the output. As has been suggested, maybe a
comment about the size and nature of 'buf' might be a nice addition.

cheers

Mark