Re: bind variables, soft vs hard parse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marcus Engene
Subject Re: bind variables, soft vs hard parse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> It might be more useful to look at caching only planning and not
> parsing. I'm not familiar with the output of the parsing stage, but
> perhaps that could be hashed to use as a lookup into a cache of planned
> queries. I suspect that would remove issues of different search_paths.

A really stupid question, in the cached query-string, wouldn't it be
possible to add the env specifics? Ie the string to check against is
something like

search_paths=...\n
SELECT ...

Or would there be too much stuff to append/prepend?

Best regards,
Marcus