Re: Print advertising - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mike Ellsworth
Subject Re: Print advertising
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Very generous!

I guess development of a keyword list along with adwords & Gavin's piece would be next.

I just bought a list of 3,300 US Newspapers which would be a start for regular mailing of a "press release" - with wording yet to be determined.  I will eventually need to know what to use as a return address.  A pg graphic along with "c/o"..... my company address?

I think Robert's Google ad + implementation of Gavin's idea + snail mail press release (PG - What it is & Why you need it) will be a good start to supplementing existing efforts.

Certainly won't hurt.

Robert Bernier wrote:
Guys,

I'd like to offer a solution promoting pg; with your assistance, I could compose and and publish a Google Ad. I already have the budget for our (SRA America) Google advertising so it's no big deal if I extend it to include generic Postgres advertising.

The advantage about Google Advertising is that we can target any population segment we choose.

Comments?