Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: make_restrictinfo() failed to attach - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: make_restrictinfo() failed to attach
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I've never been a fan of "regression tests" in the narrow sense of
> "let's test for this specific mistake we made once".  If you can devise
> a test that catches a class of errors including the one you actually
> made, that's a different story, because it's much more likely to catch a
> real future problem.

Heh.  See what I do is envision a future 10 years from now when the guy
who truly understands the planner and executor (Tom) has long gone and
the rest of us poor buggers keep on trying to change and fix things,
thereby recreating all these 10 year old bugs :)

Chris